DDW: June 2-5, 2018, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC
Speakers: Wendy Frankel, Rebecca Wilcox, Eric Swanson
- Wendy Frankel (with Peter Stanich): Challenges in Colorectal Cancer Microsatellite Instability
- To review microsatellite instability in colorectal cancer
- To understand the importance of clear reporting in Lynch Syndrome screening
- To know the importance of communication between pathologists and gastroenterologists
- Rebecca Wilcox (with Eric Ganguly): GI biopsies in the era of immunotherapy
- Define immune checkpoint inhibitors and summarize their current use in gastroenterology oncology.
- Recognize and manage the unique checkpoint inhibitor side-effects, so-called immune-related adverse events (irAE).
- Specifically identify histopathology features of checkpoint inhibitor related colitis.
- Eric Swanson (with Priyanka Kanth): Polyps in Cowden’s Disease
- Describe the diagnostic features of an intramucosal lipoma and how to differentiate from its mimics.
- Understand the significance of an intramucosal lipoma found during colonoscopy.
- Recognize the clinical criteria for a diagnosis of Cowden syndrome.