The organization was developed as a mechanism:
- for propagating interest in gastrointestinal pathology
- for emphasizing the importance of gastrointestinal pathology as a sophisticated and complex area of pathology
- for sharing information among members
- for developing joint investigative efforts among members
- for establishing referral centers or referral mechanisms for specific types of case problems
- for devising a registry for unusual cases.
We continue to fulfill this mission and welcome you to consider membership in the society. We welcome pathologists from all across the globe! (click here for member application)
We are an active group featuring many meetings, forums, collaborations and award competitions. This site also serves to connect doctors with open positions.
For more information, contact us.